Monday, May 22, 2006

There's no accounting for taste

Good day(or night). This is HDT. I am a human born from a human. I have feelings. This blog is dedicated to a type of music I love dearly...Thrash Metal. My main objective in creating this blog, among other blogs, is merely to entertain myself. My mission statement is to serve up dainty platters of thoughts and comments on an old style of music. That music is called Thrash Metal.
Thrash Metal has been my favorite type of music for over 18 years. I have bought, sold and traded many tapes, cd's and records on the subject. This past year or so I have concentrated alot of my efforts into finding and retrieving old recordings, demos and OOP's(out of print) tapes, cd's, records and even mp3's. The latter being the most controversial due to copyright bullshit or whatever. As stated before I have had many recordings, but lately my collection has dwindled down to a far cry of what it used to be. Like it wasn't the way I remembered it to be back in the day.
These passed few months I've had a hair up my ass making me remember all these old bands that I used to like. I began looking thru my collection and began listening to all my records, tapes and whatever I had that was Thrash Metal. I began visiting tape and cd stores looking for old Thrash bands that I used to like. Many of these bands were very hard to find in cd format, let alone tape format. So I began focusing on the internet search engines to look for some favorites that I've lacked. Man, to my surprise! I noticed alot of those cd's were selling on the internet for ungodly amounts! Like one day I was looking for an old Thrash band that I used to like alot called I.N.C.(Indestructible Noise Command),BTW killer band name, and I found a copy of their "The Visitor" going for $150 bucks! I said whoa man, WTF? It turns out that Thrash Metal is making some kind of underground comeback! There are many old OOP cd's on the internet like ebay and Amazon going for who knows how much.
Years have passed since Thrash Metal's heyday. And now that there is interest in Thrash Metal all of a sudden, some of the old bands have been stirring up the bee's nest so to speak. They have been trying to re-release some of their old albums and trying to get labels and distributors to sell their albums again. This has somewhat helped me a bit in my search for old Thrash bands. I've encountered many websites that are dedicated to Thrash Metal.
In my personal search for these grandiose heaps of plastic and paper I have also ran into many other Thrash bands that I have never heard of before and has sparked my interest even more. I can now say that I have become obsessed with the old bands of nore much the way I used to be.
Now I'll will be documenting my finds and any thing related to Thrash Metal in this blog. I will be updating as I recieve information, tapes cd's records and mp3's.
SSSo! That's it! You're in my secret club!

Post ya later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home